Feb 09, 2015
The Boston area has seen undprecedented snowfall in recent weeks. A change in temperature combined with the record breaking snow will produce ice dams.
Here is a good illustration of an ice dam: https://www.travelers.com/prepare-prevent/mother-nature/winter-storm-safety/ice-dam-removal.aspx
If you have an ice dam at your house and need to file a claim:
- Try to prevent further damage as much as you reasonably can.
- Document the damage with pictures.
- Retain any damaged materials (drywall, insulation, etc.) until they are seen by the adjuster.
- Retain all receipts for repairs.
- Call a remediation company such as ARS Restoration or ServiceMaster if the damage is severe.
For individual consultation, call Foley & Palenscar at 781-762-2715.
Provide extra protection for you and your family
admin [at] foleyins [dot] com
Foley & Palenscar office121 Central Street, Suite 205