Jump to navigation

Is that covered?

from Foley & Palenscar Insurance

Jan 11, 2012

It is helpful to review your insurance policies each year to make sure you have the coverage you need.  Here are a few items that are not automatically covered by a homeowners policy.  Some of these coverages may be added by endorsement or by purchasing a separate policy.

  • Flood (call us for the technical definition; need a separate policy)
  • Water Backup (can be added by endorsement)
  • Earthquake (can be added by endorsement)
  • Insects (termites) and vermin (skunks, raccoons)
  • Normal wear and tear
  • Vacant properties (requires different policy)
  • Oil spill (can be added by endorsement but you need to submit a compliance form)
  • Items in the following categories UNLESS you have scheduled them (submitted an appraisal and/or receipt): jewelry (e.g. engagement ring), furs, cameras, musical instruments, silverware, sporting equipment (e.g. golf clubs, bicycle), fine arts, stamps, coins and other items of particular value (sports memorabilia, antiques, etc.).  Note: There may be limited coverage but full coverage requires an appraisal and/or receipt.

Article Comments

There are no comments yet.

More articles related to…

Refer a Friend And we'll send you a free gift!

Tell your friends about us
We'll send you a $5 gift card. More »

Bookmark our mobile site visit m.foleyins.com

Information you need, when and where you need it most. More »

Umbrella Insurance Policies

Provide extra protection for you and your family

Foley & Palenscar Insurance Agency

Jump to navigation

Main Office

121 Central Street, Suite 205
Norwood, Massachusetts 02062


Mon-Fri 8AM-4PM

Additional navigation:

Home page | Contact | About | Companies | Service | Privacy | Search

© 2019 Foley & Palenscar Insurance