It is helpful to review your insurance policies each year to make sure you have the coverage you need. Here are a few items that are not automatically covered by a homeowners policy. Some of these coverages may be added by endorsement or by purchasing a separate policy.
- Flood (call us for the technical definition; need a separate policy)
- Water Backup (can be added by endorsement)
- Earthquake (can be added by endorsement)
- Insects (termites) and vermin (skunks, raccoons)
- Normal wear and tear
- Vacant properties (requires different policy)
- Oil spill (can be added by endorsement but you need to submit a compliance form)
- Items in the following categories UNLESS you have scheduled them (submitted an appraisal and/or receipt): jewelry (e.g. engagement ring), furs, cameras, musical instruments, silverware, sporting equipment (e.g. golf clubs, bicycle), fine arts, stamps, coins and other items of particular value (sports memorabilia, antiques, etc.). Note: There may be limited coverage but full coverage requires an appraisal and/or receipt.
There are no comments yet.